Sunday 26 December 2010

Blizzarded ramble

The other day I did a walk in the snow. It was a sponsored walk to raise money for my trip to Svalbard in 2011. And yes, I picked probably one of the snowiest and coldest days I remember. Good practice. Sadly we couldn't get a train anywhere, so we ended up walking alongside the Thames.
However, it led to some of the most beautiful scenes I have ever seen in London. These were taken around the nearest park, a sunny childhood haunt, here almost unrecogniseable to me. We couldn't even see the other side of the Thames.
I really enjoyed the walk for the sake of it, but I hope it will also help me somewhat towards my target of £3000. Sure.
I love how these photos look almost black and white. Frosty, frosty.
For some strange, irrelevant reason, it reminds me of Voices in the Park, by Anthony Browne.

No comments:

Post a Comment